Welcome to OCTeeVee:

Obsessive Compulsive Television Viewer

This is a blog about TV by someone who loves TV. Occasionally it will be about me, but it will relate to television.

There will frequently be spoilers, so beware.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What were they thinking?: Godzooky


There are many mysteries in the history of television. Things that make one say "what were they thinking?" The most obvious one from my childhood was the addition of Scrappy Doo to the Scooby Gang. But I recently thought of another one. There was a short-lived Godzilla cartoon when I was a small child. This was back when local TV actually showed Godzilla movies (I'm surprised with all the channels they aren't on somewhere). But I have a particularly fond memory of how awful the comic relief character they added to the Godzilla mythos, a miniature flying Godzilla named Godzooky. Man what an awful character. What were they thinking?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment