Welcome to OCTeeVee:

Obsessive Compulsive Television Viewer

This is a blog about TV by someone who loves TV. Occasionally it will be about me, but it will relate to television.

There will frequently be spoilers, so beware.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Just say "No!" to Febreze

Okay, first of all Febreze is gross. There's nothing in my apartment that smells bad because I keep it clean. For some reason I have a bottle of this vile smelling stuff, but it's almost full and I've had it for 5 years (and don't remember why I bought it—I should throw it out since I never use it).

My best friend had two, count 'em, two, roommates who thought they could Febreze their clothes instead of regularly washing them. That's just incredibly nasty.

I'm sure there are legitimate uses for this product, but the company seems to actually be perpetuating the myth that this chemical that removes odors somehow constitutes a cleaning product.

They have a commercial now where a mom walks into her teenaged son Carl's stinky bedroom right before he's supposed to have company; suddenly she has a brainstorm "let's wash it with Febreze!" and the ad's tag line is actually "for all the things you can't wash, wash it with Febreze." I'm sorry, that's false advertising. This stuff does not "wash" anything and, by the way, I think it smells terrible. How about washing it with actual cleaning products and not waiting until cute girls are about to come over? And, what, exactly, are the things you can't wash? I'm not familiar with these things.

Here it is in case you are bulimic and need something to help you purge.


2 comments:

  1. thank you!! i can't stand their commercials..."stuff you can't wash" they have like sneakers and comforters as examples...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed 100%. Febreze caters to the lazy and dirty who want to take an easy shortcut to "clean". Bad smells are your nose's way of warning you about unhealthy filth. It is just disgusting to do nothing about it but cover the smell up.

    ReplyDelete