Welcome to OCTeeVee:

Obsessive Compulsive Television Viewer

This is a blog about TV by someone who loves TV. Occasionally it will be about me, but it will relate to television.

There will frequently be spoilers, so beware.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Jersey Shore



Okay. I don't watch reality. I hate it. It's stupid. But I occasionally watch talk shows and always watch the Daily Show, both of which feature content that "informs" me of the latest reality craze.

So, I see this really cute, but incredibly dumb kid on Conan, or I guess it's the Tonight Show now. They show a clip from the show he's on Jersey Shore. This kid, who goes by nick name "The Situation," has a very cute face and amazing abs, but Oh My God is he dumb. I've never seen the show, but I get the appeal. They are all dumb; really dumb. But that's why people tune in.

I got home latish last night from dinner with my boyfriend and turned on the TV and Leno was on. He had the cast of this horror show playing a trivia game, including a lot of history. They were so amazingly stupid. They didn't know that 1776 was then the colonies declared independence. It took them several hints to figure out who a picture of Joe Biden was. They didn't know Thomas Edison invented the light bulb. They didn't know how unbelievably stupid they are.

They also didn't know that people are watching them because it's entertaining to see how weird and dumb they are. They are completely oblivious. I mean, they went on Leno and did a trivia game. They were so pleased with themselves that they were on TV, that they didn't realize that even dumb people know who Joe Biden is. Which makes them beyond dumb. They are morons.

I have no desire to see this show, and I'm spending this weekend at a friend's house on the Jersey Shore (but in the gayish part). If I somehow run into the "Situation," I may have to at least give him a horrified look before asking if I can see his abs. He's on MTV, which is pretty gay friendly, so I doubt he'd be homophobic. I'm sure he'd be so pleased to be recognized that he'd even let me touch his abs.

No comments:

Post a Comment